Missing Persons Commentary Is Moving
The updated article is now available on the new Missing Persons Commentary website.
This article has moved to the new Missing Persons Commentary website.
I am currently transferring Missing Persons Commentary from Blogger to WordPress as part of a larger migration and reorganization of the publication. I apologize for any inconvenience while this transition is taking place.
Denise Kathleen Anderson: 1971 Sacramento Disappearance
Denise Kathleen Anderson disappeared from Sacramento, California, on April 13, 1971, at the age of 22. The updated article examines her disappearance along with historical records concerning her family, census research, newspaper archives, and her involvement in Sacramento's theatre community.
The research also examines records that may help establish Anderson's family connections and provide additional context surrounding her disappearance.
Thank you for your patience and for continuing to follow Missing Persons Commentary during the migration.
I went to school with Denise Anderson from kindergarten thru high school. She was the only daughter of a single mom who was a good friend of my mom's. I don't know if her mom was divorced, widowed or just single. Denise was involved in the art and drama depts at Sacramento High School (graduated in 1966) and apparently was working at or with set designs at the music circus that was held every summer in downtown Sacramento. She was a very talented artist. I lived out of state when she disappeared, but I know my mom sent me news articles about her disappearance, so I know it was in the paper. The Sacramento Bee and the Sacramento Union were the newspapers of that time. Her mother lived in East Sacramento. She passed away never knowing what happened to her only daughter. That is so sad.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I guess the databases I search skip over those publications. Any chance she had an alias or different name? I'd love to get any information you have about this case as it's not covered well in the online missing-person forums.
DeleteDo you know which Wells Fargo branch she worked at?
DeleteVery interesting to hear from someone who knew her. I have seen the Sac High 1965 yearbook and was able to find several pictures of her. There is just so much missing information and I would love to ask you some questions if you are open to it.
DeleteI had the same trouble you had when researching this case. I combed through many papers and eventually found a short article that ran every week in the "rewards" section of the Sacramento Bee. The ad did not appear till 1974 which is super strange and was also very brief with minimal info. About the same information you can find on the NamUS page. I was also able to find some more pictures of her. Send me an email if you are interested.
ReplyDeleteWhat keywords would lead to the ad? I can search in my database.
DeleteI’ve always wondered about the Roomate borrowing her car.
ReplyDeleteRoomate was home at 230 and Denise wasn’t there and missed work at the bank but what bank shift starts at 3?
This case stuck with me and I google her a fee times a year hoping that something pops up!
Denise could have left for her bank shift at any time after 530am. That's when she was last seen.
DeleteFew*
ReplyDeleteThat makes sense if the bank was in walking distance. I suppose her purse being there would set off the alarm for her returning Roomate. The wig being missing always makes me think that she was rehearsing when she was taken however that may have happened.
ReplyDelete