Cristina Tomas Martin -- ATTEMPT TO MATCH to JANE DOE

Details from NamUs**: "Cristina was last seen alive crossing the U.S. Mexico border. Someone told the family that she was left behind in the desert, dead, 3 hours before Phoenix."


Missing Person: Cristina Tomas Martin
Last-contact date: June 25th, 2007
The area where the MP was last seen: Altar, Arizona


Link to government source: NamUs #MP15992

VITAL DETAILS

Ethnicity: Hispanic/Latino
Sex: Female
Age at time of disappearance: 19 years old
Birthdate: June 26th, 1987 to June 25th, 1988
Hair details: Black
Eye details: Black or dark brown
Scars: None known
Height/weight: 4-foot-10 to 5-foot and 100 to 130 pounds
BMI*: The missing person was overweight by BMI at the time of the last contact.
  • Please, Google BMI if you aren't familiar with the phrase.
  • BMI can be important even when there are photographs to look at. It is an indicator that helps get an idea of what a person's body might have looked like.
Attempt to Match to Jane Doe: In my opinion, Cristina Tomas Martin might be Jane Doe #UP6413 at NamUs. This is worth attempting to rule out.

Cristina Martin, a missing person, was last heard from on June 25th, 2007 when she was 19 years old. This is a case that I have some familiarity with as I submitted an ATTEMPT TO MATCH in July of 2016. I thought then and I think now that Cristina Martin is the Jane Doe at NamUs #UP6413

What stands out with this attempt to match is the composite sketch of the Jane Doe and Cristina's known likeness as per the photographs of her. They really do look like one and the same person in a lot of ways.
Also, at the time of her disappearance, Cristina was 19 years old.     

Furthermore, the timeline makes some sense. The Jane Doe was found in 2009 but she was thought to have died in the range of 2004 to 2007. The higher end of that range is close to matching up as to when Cristina was last seen.

I had some email exchanges with the authorities on these two cases back in 2016. I think I had published something somewhere or other but I can't find it now, so perhaps I deleted it. I still have the emails I sent, however.

Writing in 2021, I'm actually a little surprised that the cases are still active. As per the email exchanges I had, they were looking for a next of kin for Cristina. The lead seemed to be in Guatemala, however, I got the impression that finding the NOK was difficult.  My advice to people who are interested in this case is to share this link with hashtags that target Guatemala or major cities in that country.

If these kinds of mysteries intrigue you, then you can find more like them at Websleuths.com or by clicking around this site. The hashtag I use when I try to match up a Jane Doe or a John Doe to a missing person is called "Attempt to Match." You can find it in hashtags below.

Author: Shane Lambert
All articles are subject to editing after the original posting.
Shane Lambert is not a Private Investigator, however, he is currently studying to be one as of February 2021.
Website hashtag: #MPCSL

*For BMI values, I use the UPPER or HIGHER ranges that are given for height and weight.
**Text might be paraphrased. If taken verbatim, then grammar or spelling errors are not necessarily corrected from original sources.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jerry Strickland, Melissa (Missy) Munday -- What Happened After the "Unsolved Mysteries" Episode

Missing Kids and Their Bicycles - Cases of Dario Cicolecchia, Janice Pockett, and Others

Dottie Caylor's Disappearance - What Happened After the "Unsolved Mysteries" Episode