Angel Rene Sexton -- Missing From Logan, Ohio Since February 2011

AuthorShane Lambert (link opens to my Facebook profile)
Twitter@UncoolNegated (link to Twitter)
Original Time of Writing: January 29th, 2021
All articles are subject to editing after the original posting.


Missing person: Angel Rene Sexton
Aliases: Angela Rena, Angel Renee, Angel Hedrick
Last-contact date: February 2nd, 2011 (was a Wednesday)
Disappeared from: Logan, Ohio

Link to Government Source: #MP11816
Other Source: Charley Project

Ethnicity/Race: White
Sex: Female
Age at time of disappearance: 37 years old
Birthdate: September 1973
Hair: Brown
Eye color: Brown
Height and weight at the time of disappearance: 4'10" to 5'1" and about 118 pounds
Tattoos: one of her arms has an unknown tattoo

According to Charley Project: "Sexton was last seen in Logan, Ohio on February 2, 2011. She left her four-year-old daughter with a baby-sitter and has never been heard from again. Sexton may be in Columbus, Ohio. Few details are available in her case."

This was a difficult case to find information on. It seems that the sources on Angel Rene Sexton are all rewrites of the same information. 

Furthermore, this missing person had many aliases. That can make it harder to research as you have to mix-and-match first names, middle names, and last names in the databases and then search engines to find information -- each step of the way combing through countless people with similar names.

However, I was able to find her birth date, which is above. I have her exact birth date in my case notes.

One question I had was where the exact location of her tattoo was and what it depicted. It could help in this case as it can help in any missing person case.

For names associated with Angel Rene Sexton, her parents were Gary Dewain Sexton and Audrey Irene Sexton. There are also online comments regarding Angel as follows:

"sammy gatenburg: I miss her she was my cousin.
12 22, 2014 | 15:54

Gina rarick: I miss her too she was my best friend before she moved back to Ohio"

The 'names' above might be usernames. I think these are people that might be willing to help iron out the details of this case if they know any but I had trouble finding them in the time that I had allotted to look at this case. Another question regarding Angel would be why she was thought to be in the Columbus area.

The Facebook page for her missing person case is here: Angel Rene Sexton on Facebook.

Furthermore, I found her address being of Linton Road in Logan, Ohio at the time of her disappearance. I think she was living in the Logan Village Apartments. 

Address matches using search engines need to be taken with a grain of salt. I don't think websites really can report on where someone lived but they may get information from documents instead. Documents can be true or false. But I noted one different last name staying at the same address as Sexton, an address that matched right to the apartment number for what would be an overlapping time frame.

I've kept details in my notes on this case that I have not published but didn't feel I had anything of significance. I did copy and paste the chat-room posts for her case from the Facebook group. If they disappear and someone is looking for them years from now, then feel free to contact me.

Similar Case

When I highlight similar cases, it is not to say that the cases are related in an investigative way. However, history repeats itself because humans are humans no matter what time and space they live in.

What does it mean when a mother leaves a child at a babysitter's and then disappears? Does it mean she disappeared voluntarily or was she disappeared by someone?

Between the two, I would lean a little to the former. I think a mother that disappears after taking her child to the babysitter will often be someone that is finding life a little heavy at the moment, wishes for something different but wants to make sure her child is in safe hands while she sorts matters out. From this perspective, getting a babysitter might be a step in a plan to disappear voluntarily.

What does it mean when that person still isn't accounted for ten years later? That's a different question.

Lorraine Judith Chance is a missing person from many decades ago that disappeared after leaving her child at a babysitter's. Readers can read about her case details here: Lorraine Judith Chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jerry Strickland, Melissa (Missy) Munday -- What Happened After the "Unsolved Mysteries" Episode

Missing Kids and Their Bicycles - Cases of Dario Cicolecchia, Janice Pockett, and Others

Dottie Caylor's Disappearance - What Happened After the "Unsolved Mysteries" Episode